Sunday 3 December 2017

Pride before a fall

whar not to do before you go show jumping.

  • Watch 1.30 SJ and happily sigh when you see how smal yornjumps are
  • Go indoors for the first time in over a year and not think anything of it
  •  Sir there for the ride and don't put your leg on

We got to fence 4 before Lexi rewarded my uselessness with an elimination.

Quickly swapped my discovery entry for a HC, went back in, put my leg on, jumped double clear with a fast jump off time.

Lesson learnt.

Or was it?

Next elementary BD outing.
  • Dwell on how much easier the test are
  • Ride like an idiot the week before
  • Be casual about learning tests
  • Think how useful the prize money would be and how I would spend it.

New venue. Dark indoors. Cue spooky horse. Lexi didn't particularly want to go anywhere near the judge's or spectators. And I went wrong. In both tests.

Second test was better. 64% and 66%. We weren't last anyway.

I will do better. My horse is as good as I ride her so time to pull it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment