Thursday 25 June 2015

Hypnotherapy , foam rollers and Equgility

So on Wednesday I had my first hypnosis session.

We mainly chatted about my life - didn't realise we would have to go into the gory depths of my childhood which was quite uncomfortable! But it was to give her a better idea of what kind of screed to use. I'm actually doing a distance learning course in Hypnosis and psychotherapy so it was very interesting to see it properly in practise.

She performed a short hypnosis on me, a more general confidence building and relaxation one, and I do have to admit I've been pretty mellow since! Next week  I will have a more riding orientated one. I have to admit, despite studying it and knowing how relaxing it is, I'm still not 100% convinced that it can actually change thoughts and behaviours so well, but apparently it does so what have we got to lose?

My foam roller also arrived (a piece of the equipment for the fitness plan I have) and jesus I'm in love with it. If you turned up unannounced at my house you'd probably get a bit of a shock finding me contorted in some strange position with an expression of pure pain on my face but oh my god. I've had a back ache for the last few days and literally did less than 5 minutes work and its gone! Bit stiff this morning but I'll do some stretches and some more rolling before I start on my day.

I was busy backing a lovely young dressage horse on Wednesday, got back to my car to find 5 missed calls from my sponsor - Ruth Mawer from Equigility  who treats my horse's muscles. I'd forgotten they had a treatment! Both were in fantastic shape which is great news as Lexi was getting quite sore through her back, but Ruth felt she's getting much stronger.

Tomorrow we're off to Rackham horse trials to compete in the BE100; we're HC as Sunday when the open section is, I'm off with a friend to the New Forest for a sponsored ride to show the feral one some sights and sounds.

1 comment:

  1. Great writing Jo. Lively, fun, you take your reader right along on the ride! Thanks,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete