Tuesday 11 June 2013

Show jumping at Summerhouse 11/05/2013

Ok so my jumping position is making my eyes bleed. Its a bit unfortunate, I had a lesson last Thurs and Warren complimented me and said I was staying much more open over my fences opposed to over folding but apparantly that went out the window today. Stirrups also look really long in the jumping photos but looked fine in the video so :s


Anyway. As I had 2 down at Borde Hill a couple of weeks ago I decided to go do some BSJA to get my eye in. Both were rider error, plus as we've only just made the step up (and I had 28 faults SJ last time I went to nunney including a fall...) I thought a confidence boost wouldn't go amiss.

They had both a newcomers and a 1.10m open so decided to enter both as felt there was no point doing the 1.05m but 1.15m might be a bit soon. I did kind of feel though, as I worked 4 hours before we left, if I did arrive a bit late and HAVE to jump the 1.15m it would be a shame.

However they were just starting the 1.05m when we arrived so it was the 2 1.10ms we did. It was a bit weird as it was table A7 and they ran the classes consectively with both first rounds first and both jump offs after, but we were allowed to enter both classes.


Anyhow. The warm up was a NIGHTMARE, so busy, I got cut up up almost every time I went to jump, 3 times on my approach people raised/lowered it despite my shouting :rollseyes: AND just before I went in and Jason went off to position for videoing, I knocked one down and the girl standing next to it, looked at it then turned her back which really annoyed me - I mean obviously I don't expect people to be trailing round after me picking up fences, but she was standing right there?? instead I had to leap off, drag my poor horse over, put it up, jump back on, gallop over it and go in the ring...lol.

Sorry rant over!



Anyhow. Squirrel was a bit upset when we got into the ring as I was finding it very hard to establish my canter in the warm up so he was firing a little at the fences but jumping nicely enough. So off we set.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Unfortunately my instructor would be a little upset as the round got a bit quick and standing off the fences instead of getting nice deep spots like we're working on at home BUT we went clear biggrin.gif and it felt easy. He did save me at number 4 and 5, where I saw a long shot, then it was 3 strides to a short double and we struggle with doubles a little as it is as he makes up too much distance BUT he left them up!


So we had a little rest until it was time to jump the first round in the open. Luckily the warm up was quieter now so had a nice pop over the practise fence then went in. I behaved a little better this time and managed to keep it a bit slower (Although Squirrel had other ideas) and managed to get a better shot over 4 and 5. And we went clear again biggrin.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image


Then it was jump off time. 13 in the NC which had 35 in it orginally, and 3 in the open which had 12 in it orginally. I was second to jump in both.

I was tempted to do turns and have some fun, but with Nunney 4 days away I decided to play it a bit safer. I didn't hang about and did 1 fairly tight turn (but it was a LONG way round if I didn't do it). I lost my momentum a bit round that turn as we had the wrong leg and Squirrel apparantly didn't want to do a flying change until the last minute, but we made it, then I got my canter back and he jumped the rest beautifully.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image


We went into the lead (he really covers the ground) but the next in promptly beat us lol, but we stayed in second yay!

Another little rest then the open J/O. I was second in, managed a better turn this time but got rather quick into number 4, KNEW I didn't have enough space in the related, he managed to jump the first part but had the second part down, bless him...see comedy shot. So then just lolloped round to the last, pure rider error. So we came 3rd in that but didn't get a rossie as low entries BUT I don't care as he was AWESOME.

user posted image
user posted image

comedy shot - shoot the rider, poor horse!
user posted image
user posted image

cuddles with pretty pony
user posted image

Also...its almost 2 years to the day I did my first ever affiliated competition. It was an 80cm open and I was TERRIFIED. Here's a photo, just for laughs.
user posted image

Between now and then, this horse has tried his heart out. I have never known a horse so geniune, kind, willing and consistent. He just doesn't have off days. It only goes wrong when I get it wrong. I love him so much, sometimes I think I must of been Ghandi in a previous life to deserve him biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment