Sunday 22 October 2017

The big catch up.

Calmsden horse trials was never going to be the best day. Overnight my beautiful, beloved dog took a turn for the worse and we made the decision to put her to sleep in the morning. She was the best dog. The floofer, the subwoofer. My best friend and constant companion for 10 years.



I'm just quickly going to skip through the next few reports because I'm getting behind and struggling to catch up.

We decided to go eventing after Tara being put down because I had late times and we felt better to stay busy than sit in an empty house but sadly a good day was not to be.

A 27 dressage and clear SJ left us in by the leaders but Lexi put her foot down xc and I retired at fence 4.

Aston was similar, a 30 dressage and clear SJ and then we were eliminated at fence 5, a log before the water.

We dropped down a level and went to Solihull be80. It wasn't a nice xc course involving an owlhole and a few other nasty fences - not the easy encourage the babies course I wanted! We scored a 24 dressage, clear SJ and to my surprise bombed round xc clear inside the time to win!

We followed this with a pairs xc which involved another owlhole, we had good fun and went clear to come second.

We then went to Ascott under Wychwood 80. We scored a 28 dressage, clear SJ and a clear (of a bit more hesitant as I had the handbrake on to prevent too fast time faults) and we had another win! 



The week following this we went to Munstead BE80. I didn't learn my test properly and received a deserved dressing down from the judge and a 32 dressage followed by a clear SJ and a bold clear xc which gave us 4th.

This ended my run of weekends off work so I registered BS and took Lexi for a show jump. We did the BN where we had a stop in the jump off as I got carried away and Lexi locked on to the wrong fence. We also did the discovery which was massive but she was fantastic. We had one stop early on where I took my leg off but she jumped the rest including the timed section which was hoooge.

No comments:

Post a Comment